December 15, 2015

L'Oreal Brow Artist Genius | Review


I never really had a brow kit before. You know, the one with the wax and powder in one kit. I always wanna try one of it, but never really sure and end up never try it at all. Can you believe it? So when I saw the L'oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit in the counter, I got my eyes and heart hooked to it. So finally I bought it! I picked up both of the colors, 01 Medium to Dark and 02 Light to Medium.



I love the silver sleek packaging. It is quite small and even though it made from plastic, it feels quite sturdy and great for travelling. A pretty big mirror is included inside along with a brow wax, a brow powder, and a small double ended brow brush which has the angled brush and brow spoolie. Unfortunately this don't have a tweezer, unlike our British friends who got a small one in the kit. It doesn't matter though, since I have my own tweezer and it's likely I'm not going to use it, but I'm sure it will come in handy for our newbie friends. Not really sure why they took it out from the kit.



The one that I tried on myself is the Medium to Dark color which suits very well on my black Asian hair. It's not too red and not too dark which give it a natural color for my brows. The Light to Medium one is a little bit too light in my opinion. I don't know how it will works on blondes, because I never experience working with them before, but even in the swatch, it is hardly visible. On the left side of the palette is the wax which will help you to groom and tame your wild brows. It is a tinted wax, so it will give you a little bit of color. Then on the right side is the brow powder which you apply on top of the wax. This will set the wax and help it stay in place for a long time. And since it is quite pigmented, it will fill in and even out the sparse part of the eyebrows.



         
(Left: 01 Medium to dark -- Right: 02 Light to Medium)


As you can see in the picture below, I have very thin eyebrow you can barely see it, so eyebrow shaping is super important. I applied the brow wax first using the small slanted brush that came with the kit. It is very smooth and easy to apply and even though the brush is very small, I still got a quite good control and able created a nice arched brow. Then I set it with the brow powder using the same brush and as you can see the result is very natural looking. The color is just right. I went out for about 8 hours that day and by the end of the day, it still looking as good as the first time I apply it. It holds up pretty well on my oily skin.


 (Left: bare brow -- Middle: Using only brow wax -- Right: using brow wax and powder)

This L'oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit is retailed for 169.00 each and for such an affordable price you get a high end quality product. It's totally worth it. I really like and definitely will repurchase it when I ran out of it.

Have you tried it yet? What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *